Saturday 20 December 2014


A little portrait of one of my favourite illustrators, Raymond Briggs (The Snowman, When The Wind Blows, Ethel and Ernest, much more). I was asked to draw this by a British film crew a couple of years ago, as they were doing a short documentary about Raymond; and as with much film material it was never used. Just as well probably, I always imagined Raymond would be slightly irritated by that idea. But here it is anyway! I think he would at least enjoy the tone, which also reflects a little my own attitude toward such things.

2 comments:

  1. ~(*o*)~! ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ·.•*•♫°•♫·.•ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ!! Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings back memories of sitting in the school library and being completely enchanted (and slightly scared) whilst reading "When the Wind Blows"

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.